- Kumro bhate - Steamed pumpkin mash with coconut and raw mustard oil, and rice
- Posto bhate - poppyseed paste with raw mustard oil, and rice. This was actually the surplus poppyseed paste from the aloo posto, but it tastes great nevertheless
- Methi shaag - Fenugreek leaves stir fried with roasted peanuts
- Aloo posto - Potatoes in a poppyseed and nigella sauce
- Boti Chocchori - Cauliflower, peas and snow peas steamed with mustard. Snow peas, of course, are not traditional but substitute nicely for broad beans (sheem) which are.
- Mushur dal - Masoor dal with panch phoron and chopped cilantro
- Chhanar Dalna - Paneer in a ginger-cumin sauce with whole garam masala
- Shujir Payesh - Rawa milk pudding with saffron and cardamom.
Feeding the Masses
I finally got around to cooking a full, multi-course vegetarian meal for my friends. Here's what finally came out...