Creative Spam

I'm definitely becoming popular. I stand before you now as the vehicle of a very creative promotional attempt – one of my posts has an obvious, if creatively targeted, spam. Its made to look like a genuine comment by a person in response to my blog on Chennai biriyanis – but it's obviously fake. It gushes about basmati and clean cooking oils and fantastic packaging in a way that can only be an advertorial inspired by commercial interests. And, apparently this commentator – a person named a distinctly feminine-sounding Lavanya - has a wife…

What I cannot make out is, was this posted by a robot or manually? Manual, I'm very flattered; robot, not so much – I may even be a little creeped out.

Take a look here (comment #2) and decide for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings!
    If you love food and if you love to write then this is your chance to shine! Coming up soon, a blogger contest that will get you the stardom you deserve. 'Like us' today and stay tuned for further updates.
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TastyTangles
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/thetastytangles
    Foursquare: https://foursquare.com/thetastytangles

    Regards,
    The Tasty Tangles
    (Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...